Ask anyone in Conference Care what their favourite venue is and you will get a myriad of different answers! What floats one person’s boat is a complete turn off for another, which is why we always treat every event individually.
In our recent survey we asked our clients what the most important things are for them when selecting a venue for either business or leisure. Interestingly, the top answer for selecting a venue for business was in fact not the style, location or even budget, it was the people at the venue that came out the highest; showing that it is ultimately the service you receive that can make or break a business event.
When it came to leisure choices however, priorities shifted slightly; becoming less about how venues delivered their services and more about what the venue could offer in terms of onsite amenities and spa facilities.
Of course, many of our clients won’t have just one venue that works for them, as every event brief tends to come with its own audience and objectives. We love the variety of venues we get to work with on a daily basis and know just how great it is when a venue really hits the spot so we also asked our clients to try and pinpoint favourites for them and explain why.
Sadly we cannot list every venue that is doing a great job, but we felt we should share at least some of them! In no particular order, a shout out goes to the following…
Ten Favourite Business Venues:
- The Grove, Hertfordshire – ‘easy to get to, beautiful setting, good service and excellent facilities’
- Cloth Hall Court, Leeds – ‘practical, modern, high tech and helpful’
- Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel – ‘comfortable, friendly staff, good food and cleanliness’
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel, Edinburgh – ‘clean, modern, attractive, appealing and right in the centre of Edinburgh’
- Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London – ‘the operation is always really smooth but it doesn’t feel too corporate at the same time’
- Macdonald Compleat Angler, Marlow – ‘Beautiful settings and good service’
- Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester – ‘an affordable modern venue which really delivers professional service’
- ACC Liverpool – ‘great space, professional staff and fantastic facilities – also has some fantastic hotels like the Pullman Liverpool Hotel which work really well together’
- Coombe Abbey, Warwickshire – ‘a great atmosphere, history and ambience. I love to book guests in here and see their faces of amazement when they arrive’
- Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok – ‘Great service, great food, luxurious bedrooms.’
Ten Favourite Leisure Venues:
- Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire – ‘a great hotel for both business and leisure!’
- Prestonfield House, Edinburgh – ‘Beautiful venue, glamorous, opulent – complete luxury’
- Ham Yard Hotel, London – ‘I love this hotel, which contains my husband’s favourite past time a bowling alley!’
- Stapleford Park, Melton Mowbray – ‘the rooms are lovely, good spa and they are great at the little touches. There are lots of activities/ country pursuits that can be booked via the hotel too.’
- Merchant Square, Glasgow – ‘fantastic location, great atmosphere’
- Carden Park Hotel, Cheshire – ‘beautiful surroundings, lots of choice in activities and great service’
- King Street Townhouse, Manchester – ‘a grand hotel with personal relaxed service and atmosphere’
- Rudding Park, Harrogate – ‘the new spa is just WOW!’
- Ashdown Park, Sussex – ‘exceptional rooms with wonderful views of the grounds; a beautiful hotel’
- Grosvenor House Hotel, Dubai – ‘totally luxurious and service is exemplary’
If any of these venues sound like they tick the box for your next event, or if you’d like a chat about what you need to really make your event a success, give our friendly team a call on 02476 369720 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.