Here at Conference Care, we understand the importance of sustainability in the events industry, and that we need to highlight our knowledge & experience to all of our customers as we continue as a company to improve our sustainable performance.
We’ve always had an eye on the environment – in fact we celebrated ten years of being Carbon Neutral last year. But there’s always more to be done, and in 2020 we set up our Plan-It! Group to make sure that we keep driving forward.
We as a team have made four pledges that we believe are vital around sustainability –
- To continue to improve our own performance as a company
- Give more back to our local community
- To bring our skills and knowledge of event sustainability to our customers
- Take a key role in improving sustainability across the events industry as a whole
Chris P – I became a bit fed up of seeing too much lip service being paid in the area of sustainability. I’m interested in making real practical improvements whether that’s internal, with our supply chain, to our own employees, for our customers, or to the events industry as a whole.
Enough talk, now is the time to take action and our Plan-It! team is motivated, capable and focussed on making a difference – they’re a pleasure to work with.
Pauline B – People that know me well aren’t surprised to hear that I am driving the sustainability agenda. Our generation will be defined by what we do or don’t do to address the challenges of making our world sustainable.
As a mum to two teenagers, thinking about everything from climate change to poverty and diversity and inclusion, I feel strongly that I have a responsibility to play my part.
We have a group made up of ten of our team who will be driving us forward, led by our Director Chris, and Director of Sales Scotland Pauline. In the last 12 months, initiatives include –
- Removing single use plastic in our offices
- Actively supporting two local charities: –
- Zoe’s Place children’s hospice, Coventry & Angels Small Paws, East Midlands and recently having completed over 50,000 steps with our dogs and raising over £1,000 for the charity!
- Training two of the team as Mental Health & Wellbeing first aiders
- Working with a local school to improve their student’s interview skills Taking part in a mental health & productivity pilot programme with MIND and the University of Warwick & Birmingham
- Being accredited to the Good Business Charter – goodbusinesscharter.com
- Creating the Sustainable Events Guide
- Talking with our customers sustainability leads, looking at real ways to help them practically achieve their own goals
Our team have literally hundreds of realistic ideas on how to make your next event a sustainable success – just ask us!