As a company providing green event planning we are conscious of fulfilling our own social responsibility. To that end; in addition to offering innovation for clients in effective and measured green event planning. We also operate a number of our own green initiatives, including recycling and waste disposal, energy efficiency and car share schemes for employees. In line with our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard certification, we focus on our own business operations to make a difference.
Directors Chris Peacock and Andrew Deakin have been keen to ensure that the company is at the heart of the local community through their own charitable activities and striving for improvements in our internal systems and procedures. Conference Care was an early adopter of IS014001 and became accredited in 2006. More recently the company has again stepped up the pace in its Corporate Social Responsibility practices. An Environmental Working Group was set up in 2006 to address a wide range of corporate and green event planning challenges.
We believe that while in comparison to other companies we do not have a large environmental impact, we are committed to leading by example and offering our customers innovative and pioneering green event planning solutions relevant to the events industry.
Care has encouraged our employees to commit to the environment and the local
community since the beginning of the company over 15 years ago. Since this
time, a number of initiatives have taken place including:
- All office paper and stationery purchased is 100% recycled
- Conference Care corporate brochures, stationary and business cards are produced from 100% post consumer waste products
- Paper, card, plastic and aluminium recycling processes in place
- New print policies put into place, and working towards a paperless workplace
- Car sharing scheme successfully implemented
- Cistern water displacement systems in place
- Switched to environmentally friendly office cleaning products
- Screened suppliers to assess their environmental impact and compliance with our environmental policies
- Switched to Green tariffs for all utilities
- Support of our nominated charities through sponsored events
- Recognised for our Venue Sustainability Rating (VSR) project - the first and still the only of its kind in the industry, demonstrating that we are at the cutting edge of the events industry.
Contact Chris Peacock
Green Event Planning Director - Green event planning doesn't cost the earth
Conference Care are fantastic to be honest, it's such an important service for Honeywell as we do a lot of events so I need suppliers and partners I can rely on to do a great job and ultimately allow me to focus on developing the business. It's a testament to Conference Care that employ people with such a passion and customer focus and a real caring demeanour.
Honeywell Video SystemsRead all Testimonials